Crashing Inheritance Dialog

I am seeing a weird issue where my inheritance dialog doesn't load, and LabVIEW just freezes. It opens, but just shows the default "vehical, truck," etc in the tree. I will try a repair tomorrow. I assumed maybe it was project corruption, so I reverted, to a couple days ago but that didn't work. The strange thing is, if I create a new project, drag my RT target from the bad project to that one, the inheritance dialog works. But, as soon as I save the new project and restart LabVIEW, I run into the same issue. I get this in the dialog when LabVIEW restarts: The last time you ran LabVIEW, internal warning 0x1472AD65 occurred in objparser.cpp.

Right now I'm wary of testing with other projects to see if they have the same problem, for fear they will run into the same issue. I'm trying to minimize the projects effected by this. Has anyone run into a similar issue before?

I have also attached the dumps from the crash in case anyone from R&D wanders by and sees this.

Edit: Just tried to reproduce creating a project from scratch and haven't been able to yet. If I can, I will post that project.

Edit 2: I started adding files/folders one at a time to a blank projects and found the one that's causing the crash. It's my "classes" folder that's holding most of my classes. Doubt anyone can directly help me from this point; there must be something in one of those class files that's causing the problem.

lvlog2013-06-16-15-14-32.txt

lvlog2013-06-16-15-01-56.txt

Edited by for(imstuck)

Did you submit the crash report?  The minidump that comes with that is insanely helpful.  If not, can you attach it?  It's in: C:UsersYourNameDocumentsLabVIEW DataLVInternalReportsLabVIEWLabVIEWVersion on Windows 7.  You can figure out the path on other OSes.  A quick glance at the log doesn't give me anything immediate, but someone will take a deeper look if this gets filed as a CAR.  I'd need steps to reproduce and the minidump to file it as a CAR.

I think I did. But the problem was that LabVIEW didn't actually crash, it just hung. I had to control+alt+delete out. Does that still generate the same crash report you're looking for? What I will try to do when I get a chance is narrow down the class/directory that is causing the issue. I can then zip it up and send it to NI if that's helpful. It may get cumbersome if I need to attach all my classes.

I would think it would have sent.  If you can get me the report ID (the GUID in C:UsersYourNameDocumentsLabVIEW DataLVInternalReportsLabVIEWVERSION) corresponding to the crash, I can look it up.  just having the log file doesn't let me look it up.

• Like 1
I would think it would have sent.  If you can get me the report ID (the GUID in C:UsersYourNameDocumentsLabVIEW DataLVInternalReportsLabVIEWVERSION) corresponding to the crash, I can look it up.  just having the log file doesn't let me look it up.

I had a bunch of them yesterday as I was trying to troubleshoot. I can't remember which one I actually submitted, because I know I didn't submit it every time while I was troubleshooting. Unfortunately, I deleted the "bad classes" from SCC and added the new ones to make sure there was no confusion. I'll get them back reproduce the crash, then submit and make sure I get you the right GUID.

I was able to reproduce, but I'm not sure it actually submitted. I may have set things up to automatically submit (is this possible). I got the "investigate now" dialog when I started back up and I tried that but no resolutions were found. When I clicked the next step which is email NI, my browser won't load the page it's trying to. Anyways, here are the dumps (I reproduced the crash twice), let me know if I need to do anything else.

37b0f495-ea89-4006-8e97-8956f0e56de4.zip

11118694-6d91-4999-abe6-c7de5aa012ac.zip

Edited by for(imstuck)