Prevent control resize when changing monitors?

I am developing an app on my laptop, and deploying to a customer's machine.  Every time I migrate from one system to another, various controls and indicators decide to change vertical size (# of pixels) and/or alignments.  For example, I've got a name-value display which consists of a vertical array of strings next to an array of dbls, with the vertical scroll bar of the dbl array tied programmatically to a property node index input of the string array so that they scroll together.  The nominal size of each of these indicators is 18 pixels, and the arrays are aligned at their top edges.  Migrate from my laptop to the customer's machine, and the indicators in the dbl array become 19 pixels, the string remains 18 pixels, and the arrays no longer align on top.

FYI, I've set the fonts in both string and dbl to be fixed (Tahoma) rather than dependent on system settings.  What am I doing wrong?

Panel is not resizing.  Dev environment.

More interesting details: Vertical array of dbls.  Working just on my laptop, not migrating anything anywhere.  Open the app's GUI and highlight the text in the first element of the array, and then open a Font Style dialog with CTL-0.  Make no changes, just close the box by hitting OK.  The vertical size of the elements increases from 21 (the size I've previously edited it to be) to 22 pixels.  Note that both the array, as well as the element which comprises it, have strict type defs, so I couldn't even make this change directly from the VI's front panel if I wanted to.

Now, open the typedefs and resize the indicator to 24 pixels, apply the changes, save the typedefs and close them.  Go back to the GUI, open the Font Style dialog, make no changes, close the box by hitting OK: the vertical size of the elements decreases from 24 to 22 pixels.

It seems like anything that "disturbs" the GUI causes the numeric indicator to assume its default size for the selected font. Considering that the indicator in question is tied to a strict type def, I consider this behavior a bug: nothing except editing the type def should be able to change display properties of the object.