dynamically get tasks on compact daq

Sagi

Hey Guys,

hope you have some input for me.

I have a compactDAQ and I want to dynamically check the modules which are injected?

Why do I want this:

I have some AI and thermo modules, but not all of them are used yet.

So by today there are only two modules injected, but in the future there may be more.

After this I want to log some of the channels of this x-modules, so I have to create a dialoge to select the different channels of the different cards and give them names for the logging.

I dont want to have a fixed order of the different modules in the chassi or something like that.

Is there a way to do that?

And if, how?

Thanks

Sagi

PS: sorry for my bad english, its kinda stressy today and I have to solve this problem :/

• 2 months later...

Sagi,

Take a look at System Configuration API in LabVIEW. It's basically like an API for MAX. There are also plenty of example program under Hardware Input and Output >> System Configuration that shows how to query what hardware is in your system. This API can give you slot information as well as device models and such. If you have the device aliases or names then you should be able to open up tasks to the modules.

Aaron

Hey Guys,

hope you have some input for me.

I have a compactDAQ and I want to dynamically check the modules which are injected?

Personally I would use the DAQmx API.

In the DAQmx/Advanced/System palette you find the System property node, that will give you information about the currently used devices, as well as all configured tasks and global channels.

To get more info for a specific device you use the Device property node in the same palette.

Note that with CompactDAQ the Device property node returns references to both the chassis as well as individual modules.

post-5958-0-84573000-1379526938.png

/J