Multi Panel Interface

hooovahh

• 1 year later...

I've never seen Jeremy's presentation, some neat stuff in there for sure.  Since my demo (and another one here involving Notepad, Video here), I have cleaned up the VIs a bit with some basics like set Parent/Child relationship, get relationship, move and preposition, get/set menubar, resize status, and title bar, and a few other style functions.  This hasn't been posted publicly but is pretty basic and pulled in from other examples on the forums.  A more updated and complete Windows API could be useful.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just as an extra reference point, this post contains a redone winutil.llb file where all the references to the private winutil DLL have been removed and as far as possible replaced to compatible direct calls to the according Windows APIs. In addition the Call Library Nodes have been updated to be compatible for 32-bit and 64-bit operation and I also added one or two functions from this example into the library as well. In order to support seamless 32-bit/64-bit support one has to make sure to use the new Windows control contained in that lib for everything and modify any other Call Library Nodes your project may use accordingly too.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-run-an-exe-as-a-window-inside-a-VI/m-p/4096356#M1179928

Edited by Rolf Kalbermatter
  • Like 2
On 11/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

Just as an extra reference point, this post contains a redone winutil.llb file where all the references to the private winutil DLL have been removed and as far as possible replaced to compatible direct calls to the according Windows APIs. In addition the Call Library Nodes have been updated to be compatible for 32-bit and 64-bit operation and I also added one or two functions from this example into the library as well. In order to support seamless 32-bit/64-bit support one has to make sure to use the new Windows control contained in that lib for everything and modify any other Call Library Nodes your project may use accordingly too.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-run-an-exe-as-a-window-inside-a-VI/m-p/4096356#M1179928

Backported to LV2009.

what's the licencing for this?

Edit. Removed software due to indeterminate licencing.

Edited by ShaunR
5 hours ago, ShaunR said:

Backported to LV2009.

what's the licencing for this?

WINUTIL.llb 438.52 kB · 1 download

I simply took the library from the NI site and threw out anything that was accessing the DLL and then changed things to work for both 32-bit and 64-bit. I'm guessing it would therefore be under whatever license it was, which I think would be the NI Example Code License, whatever that actually means.

Edited by Rolf Kalbermatter
23 minutes ago, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

I simply took the library from the NI site and threw out anything that was accessing the DLL and then changed things to work for both 32-bit and 64-bit. I'm guessing it would therefore be under whatever license it was, which I think would be the NI Example Code License, whatever that actually means.

OK. I've deleted the backport since the licence is indeterminate. I thought it was a library you had created.

5 hours ago, Rolf Kalbermatter said:

All incantations of the Winutil VIs out there are in fact from that library or its predecessor. Also the VI copies in this Multipanel Example.

That's fine. I just don't like to distribute modified software that I produce where the licencing isn't explicit - which is why I asked you for one (thinking you had produced it as the original author).

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, Conner P. said:

Looks like the original attachment got lost during a migration. Don't suppose you would mind uploading another copy?

If you are talking about my original post, the code is still there and can be downloaded just fine.  Why does everyone have problems downloading this except me?

https://lavag.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=8434

• Haha 1