Anyone else OCD about alignment and positioning in block diagrams?

Hi,

I find my self scrolling alot to get at those bends. Is there a way to scale down the block diagram so I can move and resize things before I get to the weeds of 1px bends?

I don't think there's a way to scale/zoom the diagram, but Ctrl+Shift+MouseDrag should make scrolling much faster.

Ideally though, your block diagram should be smaller -- try identifying sections of code that make sense being inside subVIs, and move them. That reduces the scrolling required, and reduces the number of wires per diagram that you need to manage.

Not sure if this is the right discussion, but here goes....

I too spend lots of time correcting the wire bends, but I find my self scrolling alot to get at those bends. Is there a way to scale down the block diagram so I can move and resize things before I get to the weeds of 1px bends?

Definitely echo JKSH's post. As a rule your diagram should not use more than one screen. That makes life a lot easier not only for nudging out those wire bends.  :D

This rule was even valid back in those days when you had only 1024 x 768 pixel screens.  :lol:

Not sure if this is the right discussion, but here goes....

I too spend lots of time correcting the wire bends, but I find my self scrolling alot to get at those bends. Is there a way to scale down the block diagram so I can move and resize things before I get to the weeds of 1px bends?

If you use the "Clean up Block Diagram Feature", the default spacing can be excessive.

Look under Tools -> Options... Block Diagram and scroll to the bottom of the pane and you can experiment with various types of spacing.

There is an option to adjust spacing to reduce bends in wires; I forget if it defaults to OFF or ON.

If you're scrolling more than one screen up/down or left/right then you may want to consider a state machine or sub-vis.