Increase Velocity, can't stop motor

THANKS SO MUCH DUDE ......NOW ITS VERY NICE.....IF YOU DONT BE TOO BUSY IF YOU WANT TAKE A LOOK IN ANOTHER PROJECT MY...I WANT LITTLE HELP...I DO A VI TO CONTROL A STEP MOTOR OK...AND THIS WORK FINE...BUT NOW I NEED INCREASY VELOCITY BUT I CANT STOP A MOTOR....WITH YOU WANT SEE MY VI...ILL PUT HE HERE...AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH...IM FROM BRZIL AND IM LEARN YOU LANGUAGE...OK SEE YOU

Download File:post-1266-1103649783.vi

Download File:post-1266-1103649851.vi

• 3 weeks later...
THANKS SO MUCH DUDE ......NOW ITS VERY NICE.....IF YOU DONT BE TOO BUSY IF YOU WANT TAKE A LOOK IN ANOTHER PROJECT MY...I WANT  LITTLE HELP...I DO A VI TO CONTROL A STEP MOTOR OK...AND THIS WORK FINE...BUT NOW I NEED INCREASY VELOCITY BUT I CANT STOP A MOTOR....WITH YOU WANT SEE MY VI...ILL PUT HE HERE...AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH...IM FROM BRZIL AND IM LEARN YOU LANGUAGE...OK SEE YOU

3129[/snapback]

Zeus,

If I understand correctly, you want to be able to send updates to your motor indexer without stopping & starting your program? What I think would help is to divide your program into multiple processes. One process would be responsible for motor communications, while another would be responsible for getting commands from a user interface. You could use a queue to pass messages between the different parts of your program. I have attached a trivial example where a que is used to update indicators on the screen. One process sends commands to update a binary counter, while another process responds to the user request to turn on and off a LED. A main process monitors the queue and reacts to new commands. Let me know if this helps, or let me know if your problem is different than I understand it to be.

Regards,

James

Download File:post-365-1105458512.llb

Hi James all good with you? I looked at the example that you ordered me but not to understood as it can help me, what I am trying to make I am while the program wheel and I to want to increase the rotation of the stepmotor I I obtain without having that it program and to place a new speed and to twirl again, since now very thanks and forgives for my English

Hi James all good with you?  I looked at the example that you ordered me but not to understood as it can help me, what I am trying to make I am while the program wheel and I to want to increase the rotation of the stepmotor I I obtain without having that it program and to place a new speed and to twirl again, since now very thanks and  forgives for my English

3458[/snapback]

Sorry Zeus, I do not understand. You write in English far better than I could write in Portuguese or Spanish! However, your problem is still unclear to me. I do not understand the following:

"what I am trying to make I am while the program wheel and I to want to increase the rotation of the stepmotor I I obtain without having that it program and to place a new speed and to twirl again"

Can you reword the above statement (maybe I will be able to better understand).

Also, perhaps it would be better if I knew where you were having trouble. Are you having trouble with LabView, or are you having trouble with the 3540i board?