Database and LabView

rmna

You might also want to search the Info-LabVIEW list archives for MySQL.

http://www.searchview.net/

Various people have shared and traded MySQL code in the past 2-3 years.

Good Luck.

PS: As an alternative, you might want to go to the LabVIEW Open Source Tools (L.O.S.T.) at:

http://www.jeffreytravis.com/lost/labsql.html

This is written to use ADO and connects with any ODBC compliant database. I know that there is both ODBC and JDBC driver sets for MySQL and your can use MySQL that way. LabSQL is free, open source and works pretty well.

Hi,

Since working with databases is not an everyday practice of most LabVIEW programmers and the National Instruments Database Connectivity Toolkits doesn't make life easier we have created a Toolkit that makes LabVIEW and database programming much easier!

With use of the newest technologies available in LabVIEW, such as GOOP, Express VI technology and Automatic LabVIEW code creation, this toolkit enables you to work with database without having to know how they work.

Some important features are listed below:

Use LabVIEW Express VI technology to browse your Database Structure interactively.

Automatic datatype conversion to familiar LabVIEW datatypes (Newest Technology!)

Automatic generation of Structured Query Language (SQL)

Easy maintenance of databasestructure

To see the complete product specification see:

T&M solutions Database Toolkit for LabVIEW

If you are interested or have any other questions please do contact us.

Arnoud de Kuijper

T&M solutions

http://www.tm-solutions.nl/eng

Just see how simple your LV code can be:

Diagram.jpg

Configure the database actions with the use of Express VI's

select.jpg

T&Ms Database Toolkit looks pretty nice. Sorry, but I missed the price of the kit?

Actually, I have been hopeing for some time that someone would add this type of functionality on top of the LabSQL open source toolkit and distribute it as more open source.

Has anyone tested T&Ms kit yet?

T&Ms Database Toolkit looks pretty nice. Sorry, but I missed the price of the kit?

Actually, I have been hopeing for some time that someone would add this type of functionality on top of the LabSQL open source toolkit and distribute it as more open source.

Has anyone tested T&Ms kit yet?

3184[/snapback]

Hi,

We have just updated our website with new information about the T&M Database Wizard. This includes technical details and pricing information.

To be honest our product demonstration is not ready, we will try to finish this as soon as possible!

I hope this new information will help! If you have any questions please do ask!

T&M Solutions BV Database Wizard for LabVIEW

With Kinds regards,

Arnoud de Kuijper

T&M Solutions BV

Hi, I am new to labview and I was struggling in connecting labview to my microsoft access database for a few months until i found this website recommended by Michael Ashe:

http://www.jeffreytravis.com/lost/labsql.html

This module is rather simple in execution and the SQL statements can also be customized according to need. The most impotant thing is you understand the concept of the execution. By the way, remember to register you database at the ODBC in order to make modification to the database. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Actually it is not necessary to register your database in ODBC.

I've used DSN-less connections and it works fine for both Microsoft Access and MySQL.,

3499[/snapback]

Hello,

I used this and it works very nice but registering the ODBC connection in every computer where my app was running is not good...

How can you use it without the connection?

What do you input on the ADO connection open (I normally do DSN=<name of the ODBC connection> ;) .

Thanks,

Paulo

• 4 months later...
Hello,

I used this and it works very nice but registering the ODBC connection in every computer where my app was running is not good... 

How can you use it without the connection? 

What do you input on the ADO connection open (I normally do DSN=<name of the ODBC connection> ;) .

Thanks,

Paulo

3653[/snapback]

Hi Paulo,

The generic connectionstring syntax for a non DSN registered data source is:

[Provider=MSDASQL;] DRIVER=driver; SERVER=server;

DATABASE=database; UID=MyUserID; PWD=MyPassword

The specific syntax will vary a little for each provider. For example, for access:

DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=file.mdb.

(refer to, for example, Microsoft examples of connection strings

Also, look into this two interesting articles:

http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/070399-1.shtml

and http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/063099-1.shtml

(Jet 4 at: MS Jet 4 syntax for OLD DB)

where, these guys actually argue that using OLEDB is even faster.

Summary of it:

Copyright 2005 Jupitermedia Corporation All Rights Reserved.

Then, instead of using a connection string like DSN=pubs or DRIVER={MS SQL-Server};UID=sa;PWD=;DATABASE=pubs;SERVER=myMachine, use the following connection string:

objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=ProviderName; Data Source=DatabaseSource; Initial Catalog=DatabaseName; User ID=UserID; Password=Password"

For SQL:

ProviderName = SQLOLEDB

Data Source = Server Name

Initial Catalog = Database Name

For Access

ProviderName = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51

Data Source = Full path to .MDB file

(Note: This only works for ADO 2.0 and up! If you are using an older version of ADO, you will need to upgrade. You can download the latest version of ADO for free at http://www.microsoft.com/data.)

So, let's look at two examples, one for Access and one for SQL. Say that you had a DSN-less connection string for a SQL database like so:

DRIVER={MS SQL-Server};UID=sa;PWD=;DATABASE=pubs;SERVER=myMachine

To connect directly to OLEDB, your connection string would be:

Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source=myMachine; Initial Catalog=pubs; User ID=sa; Password=

Now, let's look at the Access side. If you had an Access connection string like so:

DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\users.mdb

To connect directly to OLEDB, your connection string would be:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51; Data Source=c:\inetpub\wwwroot\users.mdb

[for MDAC 2.8, use OLEDB.4.0 - Silvio ]

That's it! Pretty simple, eh?

Copyright 2005 Jupitermedia Corporation All Rights Reserved.

Hope this gets you going, if you haven't yet! Ah.. and this works fine with LABSQL too.

Silvio

www.calmetric.pt

• 2 years later...

ZITAT(i2dx @ Dec 30 2004, 09:38 AM)

if you are searching for an easy way to connect to an Access Database you can use this example.

NI Database Connectivity Toolkit is needed !

Best regards

CB

Hi i2dx,

you ADO Toolkit on your homepage is very good and helpful.

Thanks a lot for this

Uli