VI opens when opening project

I am seeing some strange behavior each time I open a certain project in LV2013.  For some reason a VI I was working on recently always opens its front panel when the project is opened.  And it shows a broken arrow for a few seconds while the cursor is in a busy state.  Then, the arrow changes to unbroken.  I close the VI, I do a save all (and LV saves 66 VIs for some reason) and then I close the project.  When I reopen the project, it does the exact same thing.

Has anyone see this type of behavior before?  Is this due to something I did or is it a bug?  Any fixes/workarounds?

i have not contacted NI yet since this could be my fault and it only happens with a certain project and only recently (I have been using LV2013 for awhile now without this issue).

thanks for your input.

-John

Under VI Properties >> Window Appearance, is "Show front panel when loaded" checked?

Ok, this is really weird.  Yes it is.  And I never set that.  But what is really strange is it is grayed out and I cannot figure out why or how to unselect it.

-------------------------------------

Ok, sorted it out.  If you accidentally select "Top level application window" and then customize it, you will get the the "Show front panel when loaded" checked and grayed out.  If you instead select "Dialog" or "Default" first and then customize, you will get the "Show front panel when loaded" unchecked but still grayed out.  Seems like there is no option that lets you control this manually.  That could be a bug.  I don't recall this being always grayed out in the past.

As for the 66 VI that always want to be saved, that looks like an unrelated problem with this project.

• Like 2