GOOP Development Suite v4.7 is released

We have released GOOP Development Suite 4.7

The main things are: 

• [*]
LabVIEW 2013 support [*]The creation of Property Node methods. [*]UML Modeller fixes for analysing Actor Framework classes

Download it from www.symbio.com/goop
...or here:
GDS 4.7 LV2010
GDS 4.7 LV2010-64
GDS 4.7 LV2011
GDS 4.7 LV2011-64
GDS 4.7 LV2012
GDS 4.7 LV2012-64
GDS 4.7 LV2013
GDS 4.7 LV2013-64

And here are some videos:
GDS(4.5) Features Video
Other Videos

Contatct goop@symbio.com for questions.

Thanks,
Lars Persson and Mikael Holmström
Symbio Sweden  

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the clone class function rename the new class FP controls correctly in this version (when cloning native LVOOP classes)?

I have also seen a lot of LV2013 crashes when cloning a class.  Seems (anecdotally) related to having additional VIs open (not in the source class) that have broken arrows.  It also does not like it if I switch to my mail program while the cloning is being performed.

No sorry, it still don't rename the class controls/indicators.

I suggest you change the names to Object In/Out or Reference In/Out on all you classes so you don't have to rename the label when you clone/rename the class.

Regarding the crash, I've only seen a few crashes myself, but I do get it to hang from time to time (i.e. never finish the clone operation).

But after restarting LV it works again without any problem.

But I’ll test your idea of changing application and having many VIs open to see if that could cause the crash.

//Mike

• 4 months later...
No sorry, it still don't rename the class controls/indicators.

I suggest you change the names to Object In/Out or Reference In/Out on all you classes so you don't have to rename the label when you clone/rename the class.

Regarding the crash, I've only seen a few crashes myself, but I do get it to hang from time to time (i.e. never finish the clone operation).

But after restarting LV it works again without any problem.

But I’ll test your idea of changing application and having many VIs open to see if that could cause the crash.

//Mike

We have released GOOP Development Suite 4.7

The main things are: 

[*]LabVIEW 2013 support

[*]The creation of Property Node methods.

[*]UML Modeller fixes for analysing Actor Framework classes

Download it from www.symbio.com/goop

...or here:

GDS 4.7 LV2010

GDS 4.7 LV2010-64

GDS 4.7 LV2011

GDS 4.7 LV2011-64

GDS 4.7 LV2012

GDS 4.7 LV2012-64

GDS 4.7 LV2013

GDS 4.7 LV2013-64

And here are some videos:

GDS(4.5) Features Video

Other Videos

Contatct goop@symbio.com for questions.

Thanks,

Lars Persson and Mikael Holmström

Symbio Sweden  

Hello Michael,

Are you going to continue supporting GOOP now that NI bought it? Are you still answering questions?

thanks

Helcio

MikaelH,

Sure I'm still answering questions. And I will still do bugg fixes and add new feature in my local copy and publish them on the forum.

Thanks for all of the hard work with GDS, you have officially contributed a substantial tool to LabVIEW!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just started using GOOP. Super happy with it so far and glad it's become an NI-official addon!

I'm brand new to it, and I'm running into a problem using "Add Method" on an Actor. I select Override Method --> Actor Core -->GUI and Event Structure Template. When I attempt to create the method, the IDE crashes with the following error:

Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x014283C0

Version: 13.0.1 (32-bit)

Possible Cause: C:Program Files (x86)National InstrumentsLabVIEW 2013resourceFrameworkProvidersSymbio_GDSClassProvidersProvider_LvNativeClassClassWriterNative_classprivateAddViToProject.vi

I'm using LV2013SP1 and GOOP 4.7. I'm running GOOP from the project window. I can also see that the Actor Core.vi gets created and is placed in the correct folder, but hasn't been assigned to be a member of the class library.

Any idea what's going wrong? Things I should try? In the meantime, I'm just going to create the override the old-fashioned way.

Thanks.

Edited by Mike Le