Error message: Entry Point Not Found

Hi all,

I have installed run time engine in my pc running on the platform Winnt 4.0 workstation. After installing the run time engine, i tried to run my compiled run-time engine program - amp.exe, it prompt this subject error : "amp.exe-Entry Point Not Found"

In the dialog box, it displays the error information- "The procedure entry point GetCVT windowshandler for Curr Thread could not be located in dynamic link library cvirt.dll" May I know how to resolve this? Thank you!

Download File:post-181-1151941294.doc

In the dialog box, it displays the error information- "The procedure entry point GetCVT windowshandler for Curr Thread could not be located in dynamic link library cvirt.dll" May I know how to resolve this? Thank you!

3207[/snapback]

This is the LabWindows runtime DLL. Your program probably uses cvirte.dll directly (even though you didn't realise it) so the version you have on your development machine does not match the one on the target machine. Check the version on each machine (time and date stamp, plus you can query the dll itself for version information using a WinAPI call). Another way to get this information is via MAX, either under "Software" or the "About" (really old versions). The DLL is usually located in the \windows\system directory.

The cvirt.dll does get updated when certain NI components get installed by different applications. A common one that changes the cvirt.dll is datasocket, so having different datasocket versions on machines may have led to different cvirt.dll's. Try getting the same version of all your driver software as well. I think I was able to solve this by manually copying the DLL from the development machine to the target machine, but I cannot remember if it fixed the problem.

One other thought is if you are using InPort or OutPort, you sometimes get a cvirt.dll problem. Remember that you cannot use these VIs without installing a patch under NT/W2K machines.

cheers, Alex.

• 1 year later...

Dear Alex,

Can you tell me which update I need to install to prevend that Inport or Outport problem???

I am using the Outport and when I install my application + labview runtime 7.1 I get the error "error 25 occured at outport32.vi possible reasons: Labview externel code not present"

thanks in advance,

Aquila

One other thought is if you are using InPort or OutPort, you sometimes get a cvirt.dll problem. Remember that you cannot use these VIs without installing a patch under NT/W2K machines.

cheers, Alex.

Dear Alex,

Can you tell me which update I need to install to prevend that Inport or Outport problem???

I am using the Outport and when I install my application + labview runtime 7.1 I get the error "error 25 occured at outport32.vi possible reasons: Labview externel code not present"

thanks in advance,

Aquila

Aquila,

goto the NI knowledge base and type in inport NT and you should see the patch that you require to install on NT machines to make it work..

As far as I remember the patch was only required for older versions of LabVIEW.. but I may be wrong.

Neville.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Alex,

thanks in advance,

LabVIEW 7.1 should not need a patch to do inport and outport on NT machines of any color (NT4, 2000, XP, 2003). But you need of course the Port IO support installed on that machine. In the Application Builder in the Installer Settings->Advanced dialog make sure you also select the Port I/O Support under Additional components to install and rerun the resulting Installer on your target machine.

Rolf Kalbermatter