VISA and script together

Majo

Hi guys,

I have a device which consists of probe and dongle. They are communicating together through the wireless. I control this device in the SW which was programmed in the python. I didn't program this so I decided that I would like to create my own control SW. How exactly I can do this? Do I have to use VISA because the dongle is connected in to the USB. Can I use that old script? If yes, where I have to put it?  I am new with this. I have never done communication in the LV before.  So, therefore I would be appreciate every ideas. 

Thank you very much 

How does the python script communicate with the device? pyVISA?

Well, I have no idea but I think that no. Is it possible when I start official SW and the dongle start to measure signal receive these data's parallel into the LV or it is impossible? I meant that official SW would go into background and I would import parallel data´s into the LV

Not enough information. If you do not have access to the python source (because they used py2exe/PyInstaller), find the device's programming manual.

OK, I asked for source code, but I can´t find anything like pyvisa. Maybe when I ask him, he would finish it, but I don´t think so. I can send to you this code and you can have a look on it if I was not wrong.