transforming vi into .exe file

In order to build a windows application, you need to acquire a copy of LabVIEW Application Builder  from National Instruments for your version of LabVIEW ($600 ish or so?). 

Also, computers that will be running your EXE version of software will have to have the appropriate version of the LabVIEW Run Time Engine installed.

3390[/snapback]

maybe you should have mentioned that you can build an installer package of the vi which allready contains the LabVIEW Runtime Environment (LV Runtime Environment is Freeware ...) with the Application Builder.

If you don't want to use an installer but only the .exe you have to ensure that the LV RTE is allready installed on the target machine. the application builder reminds you of that after finishing the compilation ...

best regards,

cb

(tell me if i am a "know-it-alls" :lightbulb: )

maybe you should have mentioned that you can build an installer package of the vi which allready contains the LabVIEW Runtime Environment (LV Runtime Environment is Freeware ...) with the Application Builder.

If you don't want to use an installer but only the .exe you have to ensure that the LV RTE is allready installed on the target machine. the application builder reminds you of that after finishing the compilation ...

best regards,

cb

(tell me if i am a "know-it-alls"  :lightbulb: )

3394[/snapback]

Yes, i would be delighted to build an installer package of the vi. I am not sure whether the application builder is available in the labview version i installed. Is there any way to check it out?

Yes, i would be delighted to build an installer package of the vi. I am not sure whether the application builder is available in the labview version i installed. Is there any way to check it out?

3399[/snapback]

The standard and full version require the application builder to be purchased and installed in addition to LabVIEW. The professional version already includes it.

To see if you have it... Go to the 'Tools' menu, if you have an entry there that starts with "Build Application..." then you have it.

Randy

The standard and full version require the application builder to be purchased and installed in addition to LabVIEW. The professional version already includes it.

To see if you have it... Go to the 'Tools' menu, if you have an entry there that starts with "Build Application..." then you have it.

Randy

3401[/snapback]

Thanks for the information. I have the application builder in my version of labview :D When we use the tool to build the application, do we need to open the file to be built or we can just specify the source file from any VI that we open the tool from?

Thanks for the information. I have the application builder in my version of labview  :D When we use the tool to build the application, do we need to open the file to be built or we can just specify the source file from any VI that we open the tool from?

3409[/snapback]

Hi Dniz

after you have debugged your development application, save all.

Close down Labview then open Labview again, chose a new vi.

Select build application and chose the VI you wish to build, rember to include any necessary external libraries.

Check that all parameters are set

Save the script file.

Build the application.

If it is necessary to build again ( bugs errors etc) then follow above procedure execept recall build script and modify ie point to new version of main vi.

Rember to save script file before building . change its version

chow

xseadog

:thumbup: