Get HMI updated event

Roderic

Hello LAVA members,

Is there a way to get an "event" when an HMI is updated? user interactions, new data in a graph etc...

obviously I don't want to code every "events" an HMI can handle

Regards,

Edited by Roderic

Hi Roderic

I don't think you can have unique event for all activity on your FP. But if  it's the same action that you want launch if there is one action on few controls, you can use "add" (Ajouter in French"). And obtein few sources for one event.

Like in my example where i have add booleen3 and boolen2 as source for the same event.

post-5178-0-64156800-1383143415_thumb.jp

Bonjour de Bretagne

Eric Bobillier

Edited by Bobillier

Hi Eric,

As a matter of fact I do know how to use events. What I want to do is more complicated.  :D

We are coding a "real Datadashboard" the computer HMI is duplicated on a "tablet computer" (Running on windows but will also be compatible with iPad etc...). We don't want to poll on the user interface and refresh the "client" only when needed (value change, menu activation, etc...), we also don't want to code each user interface and use a "Brat VI" instead.

i'm not quite sure LabVIEW has the built in capability to do that.

Bonjour du Sud!

Rodéric

How about this.  Get a list of all front panel controls, and then register for a Value Change on any of them, or shortcut menu activation on any of them.  There will of course need to be code to understand what to do with the event after it is generated but you can have it be semi-automatic in that it finds all the controls on the front panel.

Register All Controls.vi