Radio Button Refnum

Hi Todd,

Is that wrong posting the same question at two different forums? :oops:

It's not wrong.  The two forums share alot of the same knowledge but sometimes someone at NI's forums may have an idea that someone here did not.  When making a post that you want to involve both communities in, generally people will have a link to the same post on the other forum, so that anyone can get a more complete picture of the things you've tried, and suggestions others have made.

• Like 1
It's not wrong.  The two forums share alot of the same knowledge but sometimes someone at NI's forums may have an idea that someone here did not.  When making a post that you want to involve both communities in, generally people will have a link to the same post on the other forum, so that anyone can get a more complete picture of the things you've tried, and suggestions others have made.

The main goal for mentioning you cross-posted in another thread/forum is to prevent

that someone takes the time to answer your question here, while it may already been answered in the other thread/forum.

Edited by tnt
  • Like 1

Here it is, I`ve build an array with different data type reference and inside the subVI i`ve selected the particular reference and used "to more specific class" to get the control its reference and read the data. Is this correct or is there any suggestions are welcome to make it simple.

post-29033-0-35455200-1383915160.png

Hi,

you did not clearly mention if you got it to work or not. If you pass the proper references to your last example, it should work.

Edit: I forgot to check the other thread first:

‎11-08-201306:46 AM

This way it works, but is it correct way of programming?

When doing it the way I proposed in my previous post, you don't need the "to more specific class" because all references keep their original type
(while in your example the build array reverts the types to the lowest common type)

post-2311-0-07242200-1383920646.png

(I don't have LV 2012 installed so I can't quickly test your snippets)

Edited by tnt
  • Like 1