OpenG and LavVIEW2013 for Linux w/o VIPM

shuralee

Hi fellas,

I am a nebwie to this forum, signed up out of despair, so please don't flame me if I ask anything stupid...

I am tryign to port some good old code from Windows version of LV2010 to Linux. Got LV2013 installed nicely on OpenSUSE 12.2 workstation, but need some extra libraries to get my program to function. To my dismay I realized that the linux versions of everything are so far behind the Windoze - I find it very disturbing given the strength of Linux knowledge in a general developer community.  The main problem - Tryhign to figure out how to install OpenG libraries on my system without doing it one by one (there is no LVPM for linux available for LV2013 yet, although teh year is practically gone...).

Has anyone got this setup to work?   

Many thanks!

Al

Another option, but a more ugly one, is to just copy the VI files from your Windows machine to the Linux machine.  Going around VIPM is not recommended because you loose your configuration management, and the inter dependencies between installed packages.  But if this is a one time thing and you just want it to work with the least amount of effort, then you can go to your <Program Files>National InstrumentsLabVIEW 2010User.lib then copy all the folders to your Linux machine.  There are of course other files that VIPM can install, things like tools menu items, help, quick drop functions.  VIPM can basically be used to install any file anywhere in your system so grabbing just the user.lib might not be enough but for many that is all that is needed.

• 4 months later...