TestStand Results Database

tlerunner

1. Access and MS SQL Server

1. One of my colleagues used MySQL on one system until he was able to put it on our network.  Switching from MySQL to SQL Server was a piece of donught.

[*]We use the generic database schema

[*]We write our own

1. If you have a basic understanding of relational databases, and once you understand the schema, you can decide how to review the data.  DIAdem is worth looking at.

I'm barely functional with TestStand and databases (certainly not an expert) and only answered to assure you that it's not difficult.  I've been thinking about moving our entire operation to TestStand to leverage its "test executive" features, database storage being very important to me in terms of getting our Quality operation on the same page across product lines.

Good luck.

Hi,

I have done several things over the past 10 years at various organisations where I have worked.

1. I've created my own SQL based storage framework (codeless storage using a custom process model)

2. I've purchased commercial test data management and analysis tools

3. I've used the default storage schema s

All have their own relative merits and drawbacks. PM me if you want any specific information about the tools I've used.

Chris

Thank you for your replies.

1) We have decided to use MS SQL  Server.

2) We have decided to use the generic TestStand database schema with the addition of one table.  We want to store the report that TestStand generates in this table as a binary object.  Does anyone have any experience doing this?  We are leaning toward doing this with text reports but are wondering if the XML or HTML reports would work.

3) We have written a custom retrieval tool in LabVIEW.  It queries the database for all tables and their relationships.  The database schema can be modified (following a few assumptions) without having to modify the retrieval tool.  The table names are displayed in a tree view.  The user can select a table in the tree and retrieve the data from the table.  The user can apply filters to the retrieved data.  It is modeled after the View builder in MS SQL Management Studio.  We still need to incorporate the ability to retrieve and display reports.

Thanks again!