Controlling Mouse Cursor over Graphs

mje

I have a graph control which I'd like to provide some feedback to the user by changing the mouse cursor depending on context, does LabVIEW have a built in way of doing this for it's graph controls? I've done similar things for the picture controls (see below):

post-11742-0-04183400-1389970086.png

Am I blind here or does this capability not exist for graphs? Note I'm not talking about the built in "graph cursors" which display x,y points and allow navigating on the various data coordinates, but rather the actual OS mouse cursor.

I can bust out the Dialog & UI Cursor palette if need be, it just seems weird to use such a low level when other controls provide a nice wrapper.

I have a graph control which I'd like to provide some feedback to the user by changing the mouse cursor depending on context, does LabVIEW have a built in way of doing this for it's graph controls? I've done similar things for the picture controls (see below):

attachicon.gifcursor.png

Am I blind here or does this capability not exist for graphs? Note I'm not talking about the built in "graph cursors" which display x,y points and allow navigating on the various data coordinates, but rather the actual OS mouse cursor.

I can bust out the Dialog & UI Cursor palette if need be, it just seems weird to use such a low level when other controls provide a nice wrapper.

Other controls?? I'm pretty sure the Picture Control is still about the only one which allows that! Also note that its background is light blue, indicating that it is considered an Advanced (scripting) Feature.

Also graphs do have a Cursor property, since about LabVIEW 4 or so but that is for something very different!

Hah, yeah. I thought as much. It's just so easy with that picture's cursor property: I know it's scripting, but it definitely has worked in the RTE for the last few versions. It's one of those things I check when I build this application for the first time in a new RTE.

Anyways yes, it'll have to be a combination of mouse events and the menu palette for this feature I suppose.