ActiveX Event Handling

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help out with ActiveX Event Handling.

I can manage to open the ActiveX object, and have successfully registered for the event, and created a callback vi.

The problem I am facing is that I cannot see any event data when the event actually occurs.

I know this isn't worded very well, but I was wondering if anyone has a sample ActiveX vi that accepts data passed to it from a windows application, and then displays the data that was sent within the vi.

It doesn't matter how simple the vi is, I just need to get an idea of the workings of ActiveX within LV.

Thanks in advance,

grmc

Hi grmc

Have a look at the attached code, its a simple example of implementing a callback that uses event data. The example uses the ActiveX UpDown control and fires a callback on the mouse down event. The callback just displays a popup dialog which shows the mouse position which is retrieved from the mouse down event data.

Download File:post-997-1106618374.zip

Regards

Kurt

3660[/snapback]

Excellent :)

I found some code in the examples directory in LV which gave me some more ideas, I've accomplished what I set out to achieve now!

Thanks for your time though :beer:

grmc