write in different sheet of csv file

K Waris

Hello All

I wonder if this is possible

I have a cluster of 3 arrays. I have easiy written the data of one array into csv file. I would like to write the data of other arrays written in

sheet 2 and sheet 3 of the csv file. 

I used simple open, close file function and write txt file function with the file path ending in .csv and it had worked fine. 

Best Regards

K.Waris

CSV is a flat file structure.  You can open it in notepad and see the data in the 2D format separated by commas and new lines.

CSV does not support a third dimension of data.  To store data in a way that Excel opens it and has multiple tabs you'll need a different file structure.  Using the Report Generation Toolkit you can have control over the file and save it as an XLSX which has support for worksheets (tabs).

Also you may be interested in generating a TDMS file using the build int TDMS write VIs.  NI then has a free add-in that opens TDMS in Excel and it also supports groups which is shown as workbooks when opened in Excel.

• Like 1

If you use windows, there are examples in the Labview help on how to use the Excel ActiveX control, You can use different worksheets without much effort.

These examples also show how to fill a range of cells with a variant, which provide an elegant solution to your problem.

• Like 1