What's the "correct" way to resize an XY graph?

mje

I'm on day two of dealing with LabVIEW's poor ability to make a good scalable UI. While trying to deal with automatic scaling issues I've decided to completely bypass and control my layout programmatically. Yep, apparently it's 1999 again...

Anyway's today's UI issue du jour is if I set my graph size programmatically via the Plot Area Bounds property, the scales fail to expand beyond their initial size. They will get smaller, and can then grow back up to their original bounds as set in the development environment, but can never grow beyond their initial dimensions:

post-11742-0-90319100-1395062978_thumb.p

Is there a "proper" way of setting the size of a graph control? Near as I can tell the plot area is the only writable sizing property that can be used.

post-11742-0-36174200-1395063149.png

I usually use "Plot Area" >> "Size" rather then "Plot bounds" to resize graphs, but I have no idea if this will fix your issue.

Cheers! So apparently setting the plot area "size" forces the graph to recalculate all of its elements, but setting the "bounds" does not. So there's that.

Part of me is very happy you two pointed that out. Part of me is also very sad (though not surprised) at the inconsistency.