Priorities

VDB

Hi all,

I have a main-VI that has two parts, a VI containing a time critical loop and a VI with a loop for communication over TCP-IP.

The priority of the VI containing the time critical code was set to "Time Critical". The other loop runs at normal priority

Now here's my question:

The VI with the time critical code contains several sub-VIs that are called sequentially. Do I need to set the priority of these VIs to "Time-Critical" as well? Or is this "inherited" from the calling VI? In other words, do sub-VIs in a time critical VI run at that priority regardless of the priority that was selected in the sub-VIs properties menu?

Greetings,

VDB

The VI with the time critical code contains several sub-VIs that are called sequentially. Do I need to set the priority of these VIs to "Time-Critical" as well? Or is this "inherited" from the calling VI? In other words, do sub-VIs in a time critical VI run at that priority regardless of the priority that was selected in the sub-VIs properties menu?

3770[/snapback]

By default, if you don't touch the priority settings on the sub-vi's they inherit the settings from the caller. Time-critical priority really only has significant effect in a LV real-time OS. Is this the case?