What is LabVIEW.exe doing looking for Flexlm License Manager

Only a guess here, but the there is a Volume License option for LabVIEW that uses FlexLM. I think you need to have more than 5 user to be able to purchase it.

As there is only one version of LabVIEW whether you use the normal single seat License model or the Volume License model so maybe it always looks at start-up, I have never looked

If you look at the NI License Manager application in the preferences there is a option to Use a Volume License server maybe that has been set on your machine

Just curious, does anybody know why LabVIEW.exe is querying some Flexlm License Manager registry keys (which do not even exist on my PC) very regularly?

See attached picture.

FlexLM is the engine used for the LabVIEW licensing scheme, both for simple licenses as well as volume licensing. But I think your very frequent hit of the registry for a borrowed license check might be a bit excessive and caused by some kind of misconfiguration in the NI License Manager.

• 4 weeks later...