index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=243

Name: easy increment

Submitter: tylertroy

Submitted: 29 May 2014

Category: *Uncertified*

LabVIEW Version: 2012

License Type: BSD (Most common)

I have always found it frustrating that I cannot efficiently change numerical values with the mouse only. This is especially true when I'm simultaneously looking at a gauge on the other side of the room and changing values with my wireless mouse.

"easy increment" selects individual decimal place values by moving the mouse across the spacial extent of a numerical control. Mouse wheel scrolling may then be used to to modify these values.

It's easier to use than explain, I promise!

Click here to download this file

I like the idea of this but I think your implementation is a little flawed.

I noticed that when selecting the digit to edit using the mouse, that you didn't take into consideration that numbers have different widths.  You just took the total width and divided by the number or characters.  The attached code should work on all font sizes, and types to try to find the character that the mouse is over, based on the coordinates of the mouse.

Attached is an update that I think fixes these issues.  Admittedly I haven't tested it on a bunch of controls just the one you provided with different justifications to test they all work.

easy_inc Hooovahh Edit.zip

• Like 1