LAVA BBQ 2014 Registration and Call for Door Prizes

JackDunaway

Greetings Friends of LAVA, colleagues, cohorts, and Wireworkers Extraordinaire -- it's LAVA BBQ time!

click here >> LAVA BBQ 2014 Event Page: Register and purchase tickets today

Date: Tuesday, 05 August 2014

Time: 7:00-10:00pm CDT (after the NIWeek Block Diagram Party)

Timestamp for your ISO-8601-compliant robots: {"BBQBeginTimestamp":"2014-08-06T00:00:00.000Z"} (API note: we have switched from XML to JSON since last year)

Location: Scholz Garten, 1607 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701 (1 mile from Convention Center)

Meal Options: standard meal is your choice of brisket, ribs, or chicken, with sides of beans, cole slaw, and potato salad. A vegetarian option is available to select during registration on the event page. Cash bar.

Cost:

• $30 Early Bird (until July 11th)
  • $35 Regular Admission (Until Aug 4th)
  • $40 At the door

Who: Everyone is welcome, including spouses traveling to Austin with you. Even if it�s your first time, expect to recognize many faces/names from the forums and NI R&D

What to wear: Informal attire, but come as you are. (We'll see everything from suits to flip-flops, though consider changing at the hotel to clothes suited for the 1mile 95�F 7pm walk or bike ride.)

Reimbursements/Expensing: If you need a receipt to turn in to your employer, request a receipt by sending a private message to Hooovahh.  We are using a new system and may have difficulty getting receipts so please be patient. 

If you plan to sponsor a Door Prize, specify this during registration on the event page, and also optionally reply to this thread to announce the door prize. Example door prize announcements from last year: "Be creative! By donating a prize you and your company will receive free advertising in this thread and bragging rights on the night, so what are you waiting for? Check out the cool prizes below (knowing there will be more added to this thread as NIWeek approaches), and try to top them. If you would like to donate (please do, we really appreciate the LAVA-love) feel free to add a prize below with the details." We'll touch base with you later to collect "blurbs" to be read aloud.

Hope to see you there! Chime in on this thread (and the comments section of the Event Page) once you buy tickets to let everyone know you're coming.

post-17237-0-84220200-1370539248_thumb.j

LAVA BBQ 2012 in the Scholz Garten Biergarten (Photo by Norm Kirchner)

• Like 1

Holly and I are registered and will have a door prize from DISTek once again.

This year, DISTek is offering up a Quad-core, 1.6GHz 2G RAM 8G Flash Android Mini PC.

• Connects to your HD TV via HDMI 
  • 3.5mm headset jack (mic embedded)
  • Micro USB, USB and SD card
  • Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
  • Bluetooth
  • DLNA
  • Miracast

31iJrYYip8L.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like we're going to have some AWESOME door prizes this year.  I've just received word that the LabVIEW Tools Network team will be donating a brand new NI myRIO!  If you are unfamiliar with myRIO, specs and details can be found at ni.com/myrio

myRIO.jpg

Can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks!

• Like 1

Ha! Maybe, Hooovahh.  I think the fate of all the prizes will rest in the hands of the event MC (Justin Goeres again? Jack?), but maybe the stars will align.  Maybe I'll end up with the Teensy or the Android mini-PC.  There's a few projects I've had in my back pocket waiting for juuuust the right hardware.

• Like 1

Ha! Maybe, Hooovahh.  I think the fate of all the prizes will rest in the hands of the event MC (Justin Goeres again? Jack?).

Funny you should say that, I'm actually helping organize this year.  So there's a chance I'll give the prize to myself.  Conflict of interest?  Maybe.

If the LabVIEW Tools Network team is OK with this, Delacor would like to add an extra little something to go with the NI myRIO they are giving away. I would love to give more details, but you will have to wait until NI Week to find out what I am talking about ;)

Can't wait!

Fab

Looks like we're going to have some AWESOME door prizes this year.  I've just received word that the LabVIEW Tools Network team will be donating a brand new NI myRIO!  If you are unfamiliar with myRIO, specs and details can be found at ni.com/myrio

myRIO.jpg

Can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks!

• Like 1

they were, they were!! 

Delacor will add a little something to go with the NI myRIO the LabVIEW Tools Network team is giving away.

If the LabVIEW Tools Network team is OK with this, Delacor would like to add an extra little something to go with the NI myRIO they are giving away. I would love to give more details, but you will have to wait until NI Week to find out what I am talking about ;)

Can't wait!

Fab

• Like 1

For those of you who indicated during registration that you are interested in sponsoring a door prize, please fill out the door prize sponsor registration form (http://wirebird.co/lava-bbq-door-prize). Thank you!

You also would have received an email minutes ago with this request; bumping this thread also to catch the attention of those who have posted here already.  :) 

Oh man that is cool.  I didn't get anything last year so I should get a myRIO this year right?....right?

No. Organizers of the BBQ are exempt from the prize pool.

Note: I am not helping organize the BBQ this year, so I guess should be mine, right?....right?

• Like 1