LAVA BBQ 2014 Registration and Call for Door Prizes

JackDunaway

Hey All! Enable Integration (www.EnableIntegration.com) will be there too, we're thrilled to donate the following door prize:

We will be using the opportunity to exclaim that we're hiring, and shamelessly try to recruit you to come work in Toronto. (Yes, I mean you!)

PARROT AR.DRONE 2.0 *** ELITE EDITION ***

31JDxIw8A1L.jpg

• Remote control quadricopter controlled using an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet
  • 720p high-definition live video streaming & recording to smartphone or tablet while flying
  • Record & share videos & pictures straight from AR. FreeFlight piloting app
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I'm all signed up for the BBQ - I haven't been particularly active on here as my time only allows for so many forums and I tend to focus most of my efforts over at the NI forums when I do get a chance to browse.

Looking forward to it - please come and say hi if you see me as I'm travelling to NI Week alone from the UK! Also look out on the exhibition hall floor for my 2nd Giant Tetris (providing it makes it there in time and in one piece!). I'd also be happy to talk to anyone about WebSockets and bringing some more web-love for LabVIEW!

Edited by samsharp99
  • Like 1

Just in case you didn't see on the registration form, I'm replacing the flight around Austin with something much more practical and life saving instead of endangering
The official Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer (the right bending banana version only)

31VTJj4VuVL._SY450_.jpg
For decades I have been trying to come up with an ideal way to slice a banana. "Use a knife!" they say. Well...my parole officer won't allow me to be around knives. "Shoot it with a gun!" Background check...HELLO! I had to resort to carefully attempt to slice those bananas with my bare hands. 99.9% of the time, I would get so frustrated that I just ended up squishing the fruit in my hands and throwing it against the wall in anger. Then, after a fit of banana-induced rage, my parole officer introduced me to this kitchen marvel and my life was changed. No longer consumed by seething anger and animosity towards thick-skinned yellow fruit, I was able to concentrate on my love of theatre and am writing a musical play about two lovers from rival gangs that just try to make it in the world. I think I'll call it South Side Story.

Banana slicer...thanks to you, I see greatness on the horizon.

• Like 2

Dude.  Forget all these silly electronic gadgets and gizmos.  I want the banana slicer!  However I am skeptical about the whole right side only thing.  I'd say roughly half of all my bananas are left facing and I this thing would be useless for those.  I guess I'll just have to throw those out...

• Like 2

Ah, I pity you poor, banana-slicing-challenged souls. There are a few of us out there who were lucky enough to be employed at Baskin-Robbins as teenagers during the summer. The Banana Split is often regarded as the ideal ice cream treat, but let us not forget the Banana Royale (not with cheese), an ice cream treat for the more budget-conscious banana-craving ice cream connoisseur.

Whereas a Banana Split includes bananas sliced longitudinally which elegantly cradle three scoops of ice cream, the Banana Royale consists of two scoops of ice cream dropped rather unceremoniously upon the result of a banana which has been sliced several times perpendicular to its axis. I cannot recall how many Banana Royales I prepared during my storied 6-month Baskin-Robbins career, but it was enough to prepare me for a lifetime of effortless banana slicing.

All this to say, if I happen to win Norm's inexplicably-coveted prize, I would be happy to pass it on to any of you who require mirrors and yellow plastic implements to slice your bananas.

• Like 2