edk.dll missing eventhough in the same directory

Hi,

I am having trouble where Labview does not detect the required "edk.dll" file (as missing) eventhought it is in the same VI directory. Any help is appreciated :)

attached are the images

labviewsystemerror.png shows the error stated. labviewsystemerror2.png show the labview library explore (edk.all not detected) labviewsystemerror3.png show the edk.dll is in the same folder as the LabviewEmotiv.dll

post-52076-0-99937900-1402563115.png

post-52076-0-94860900-1402563116.png

post-52076-0-93663600-1402563117_thumb.p

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see any edk.dll in your screenshots, just the edk.lib...

Anyways, here are a couple of things you could try (assuming we are talking about a C DLL):

-> Check if the Call Library Function does correctly point to the dll file (the path should be absolute imo)

-> Look into the dependency tree if the file is listed there (it does not seem to be part of your project)

-> Include the DLL file into your project

-> Put the DLL next to the LabVIEW.exe (in Program FilesNational InstrumentsLabVIEW <version>) and try to start your application again (if it works you most likely have specified the DLL file name in the Call Library Function instead of the path)

Hi LogMan, 

Thanks For the reply. The DLL is C++ compile using visual basic. I have found the edk.dll somewhere else. How do I include it into the dependency tree? I tried include it into the project folder and the folder mentioned above but still doesn't work. Do I somehow need to recompile the whole thing with edk.dll?

Hi LogMan, 

Thanks For the reply. The DLL is C++ compile using visual basic. I have found the edk.dll somewhere else. How do I include it into the dependency tree? I tried include it into the project folder and the folder mentioned above but still doesn't work. Do I somehow need to recompile the whole thing with edk.dll?

The dependency tree represents dependencies of your code, so if the DLL is not listed, it is not called (note that you might have to open one of the calling VIs in order to see the DLL under Dependencies). I'm currently wondering if you call the DLL directly in the Call Library Node, or if you manually specify the path... In the first case the path might be incorrect, in the second case you have to manually include the DLL with your project and deploy it with the executable (or rather you should have an installer for your DLL which takes care of that).

Can you post a screenshot of your Call Library Node?