So my quick drop broke...

mje

Something about my quick drop broke yesterday on my main workstation and I can't seem to fix it. It was a sad day for LabVIEW productivity indeed.

Now for whatever reason the QD box demands I either double click the correct item or use the enter key once the name is resolved via searching. Neither are particularly convenient as the QD box opens in a fixed location and my left hand isn't exactly within striking distance of the enter key. All my carefully crafted left-hand abbreviations are now worthless. I can no longer just type a few characters and click on the BD where I want the resolved item to appear.

The ctrl shortcuts still work though, so there's that I suppose?

I'm painfully resorting to the palettes again since I can at least open that menu anywhere I want on the block diagram via a right click.

Only reference I've found about this is something about some UltraMon software which doesn't pertain to me.

Any ideas?

Your google-fu has failed you.  That feature of Quick Drop has been called Super Quick Drop, and on the dark side I had a very similar issue.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Super-Quick-Drop-Fails-Me/td-p/2833156

For me I first suspected DisplayFusion because I use that as a multimonitor program, but it turns out that it was TeamViewer and the QuickConnect feature.

For it I suspect it is some software interaction, but might not be TeamViewer.

Indeed it has, thanks Hooovahh!

TeamViewer!

In all seriousness, thanks, that was the cause. I forgot I had TeamViewer running in the background. Makes "sense" I suppose since it screws with window frame wizardry.

This is good to know about. I use Ultramon so am surprised I have never seen this issue.

As you said in the other thread hooovahh, I do not know how people manage to develop large applications in LabVIEW without tremendous quantities of display pixels. The more the merrier for me these days. I have a 19" vertically oriented monitor on the left dedicated to any open .lvproj windows, a 27" to the right of that (so in the middle), and another 19" to the right of that and still wish I had more space at times!