Personnalize PickTime in Timestamp

Hi community

I want to know if there is possibility to personnalize the button of time selection (the dialog, not the appareance)in timestamp control. I have found PickTime.vi (resourcedialogPickTime.vi) but when i modify it, there is no effect on Dialog in timestamp control. Is there a way to do that ?

Best regards

Eric

LV2011

Edited by Bobillier

Create the custom boolean control you would like for the Timestamp control.  Customize a Timestamp control, right-click the button, select replace and choose your custom control.  Here I use a snazzy classic switch:

post-26690-0-51421200-1404319839.png

Edited by Darin
Create the custom boolean control you would like for the Timestamp control.  Customize a Timestamp control, right-click the button, select replace and choose your custom control.  Here I use a snazzy classic switch:

attachicon.gifTimestampButton.png

I was just in the middle of saying this.

Make a copy of the PickTime.vi and name is something different.  Then have on your front panel the time and date control, but don't show the button for picking the date,  instead have a boolean that calls your copy of the PickTime.vi

Thanks Darin

But like i said in my question , i dont want  personnalize appearance of the boolean control, but the dialog  open when you click on it.

Thanks Hooovahh

I know your solution, and it's exactely what i have do, but my request was more generic about possibility of change the native timestamp control in Labview. I imagine than timestamp was like one Xcontrol and that you can modify (in deep) the native associate dialog. 

I imagine than timestamp was like one Xcontrol and that you can modify (in deep) the native associate dialog. 

If you changed that VI, and restarted LabVIEW, and the behavior of the dialog didn't change, then I would say that that VI isn't part of the low level dialog that you see in that control.  That dialog that you see could be buried in the LabVIEW.exe file and there might be no way to edit it.

If you changed that VI, and restarted LabVIEW, and the behavior of the dialog didn't change, then I would say that that VI isn't part of the low level dialog that you see in that control.  That dialog that you see could be buried in the LabVIEW.exe file and there might be no way to edit it.

I couldn't change the original NI dialog back in 2011 (just my own copy). See this Idea Exchange discussion:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Calendar-control-that-does-not-block-the-GUI/idc-p/1419606