Reg Event Callback, change in behaviour between LV2012 and 2013?

Hi All,

I am dusting off some old code I use to get a Windows Notify Icon running. This code was originally developed in LV2009 I think, but recently used in a project in LV2012 with no issues.

For convenience I have wrapped up the .net NotifyIcon API in several LabVIEW classes. My test code works fine, but I have some strangeness with the event callback VIs (these are invoked whenever you interact with the notify icon). Specifically, when I run the code my callback seems to change context from my project to something called <W>, and is in a reserved type state as shown in the second picture. When I stop my main VI this VI does not come back out of this state. This causes my classes to be locked in the project (reason for locking is they are apparently reserved for another application instance, which I can only presume is because of the reserved callback VI).

In LV2012 when I run my main VI the callback VI does not get reserved like this, and when the main VI finishes everything goes back to normal.

Any ideas here? What is the <W> context and why is it on localhost rather than My Computer?

post-7375-0-46515000-1406157127_thumb.pn

post-7375-0-75742000-1406157132_thumb.pn

post-7375-0-31681100-1406157273.png

Simple example attached (LV2013). The callback VI remains reserved after the main VI has run.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Note: I have just tried to run the "Passing Data to a .NET Event Callback" shipping example and the same behaviour exists (i.e. works fine in LV2012, but the callback remains reserved in LV2013).

Test5 Callback.vi

Test5 Callback.vi

post-7375-0-67902200-1406188760_thumb.pn