Get string constants from diagram, programmatically

Thanks, Greg.

However, one thing I did not mention is that the code I want to inspect is in LabVIEW 8.5.1. I can inspect my LV851 code from LV 2013 using VI Scripting, but now I wonder if there is one method I can use from within LV851.

Kind regards.

Versions 8.6 to 2009 scripting can be accessed using these instructions.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4973

I can't remember but I think 7.x era you used the SuperSecret INI key, and I can't remember the steps for 8.0-8.5.  In any case scripting existed in some form back that far.  Try this VI that I saved back to 8.5.  I don't have 8.5 to test it on so no idea if it works.

Get String Const.vi

• Like 1

Thanks, Hooovahh.

Your VI didn't work because the "traverse" subVI was missing. However, I've put together a working VI in LV2013, without subVIs, and saved it to LV851 as you suggest. I opened in LV851, one last minor change and voilá! It worked.

post-52498-0-50744600-1406739047_thumb.p

Thank you all. LAVA is a great support resource. Kind regards,

Daniel

That approach won't work for constants inside structures...the AllObjs[] property of the TopLevelDiagram class does not recurse into structures.

The Traverse VI is present in LabVIEW 8.5., just with a different name/location: [LabVIEW 8.5]\vi.lib\Utility\traverseref.llb\TRef Traverse for References.vi.

• Like 1