OpenG Toolkit - Create Response Notifier bug?

klove

I'm using the OpenG Message Queue library (thanks Jim) in my project and may have come across a bug.

It appears if you try and call the "Create Response Notifier" VI (called by "Insert Msg Queue Element") too frequently, it creates duplicate names for successive identifiers...

It seems to be caused by the fact that the "Get Time/Date" function used to generate the notifier name returns integer seconds, which will attempt to create identical notifier names if called more than once in the same second.

I created a temporary fix by appending a random number to the end of the notifier name. This obviously does not guarantee a unique name, but it does seem to tilt the odds in my favor... :D

Any thoughts?

Kirk

I'm using the OpenG Message Queue library (thanks Jim) in my project and may have come across a bug.

It appears if you try and call the "Create Response Notifier" VI (called by "Insert Msg Queue Element") too frequently, it creates duplicate names for successive identifiers...

It seems to be caused by the fact that the "Get Time/Date" function used to generate the notifier name returns integer seconds, which will attempt to create identical notifier names if called more than once in the same second.

I created a temporary fix by appending a random number to the end of the notifier name.  This obviously does not guarantee a unique name, but it does seem to tilt the odds in my favor...  :D

Any thoughts?

Kirk

3878[/snapback]

Kirk,

Could you please post this in the OpenG Support Forums? This is our support channel, and ensures that the issue gets visibility by our developers and users.

Regards,

-Jim

I would like to, but the registration confirmation process seems to move very slowly, I still have yet to recieve my confirmation e-mail for that forum.

Kirk

3880[/snapback]

That is strange. I have activated your account and you should be recieving an email that will allow you to change your password and log in.

Regards,

-Jim