How to combine NI Vision and Raspberry Pi Camera?

Hi,

I have some experience with image processing using NI IMAQdx and some standard cameras and line scans, but I don't have much knowledge about the camera interface. Now I would like to do some home projects which using NI IMAQdx but with lower budget camera with decent quality. I found some wireless camera on eBay but the quality is not really good (I think so). There is just a new Raspberry PI camera on the market (http://www.raspberrypi.org/product/camera-module/)

I am collecting information on how to using this camera. I know that I have to use a Raspberry PI model B to connect to this camera but it only provides the features to monitor camera directly. Now I wonder how hard it is to make a IP camera with this Raspberry Pi with camera. I am not an expert in linux as well as C program but I am wiling to learn. Anyone can give me some idea what and where I need to look for. Or another camera option?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have some experience with image processing using NI IMAQdx and some standard cameras and line scans, but I don't have much knowledge about the camera interface. Now I would like to do some home projects which using NI IMAQdx but with lower budget camera with decent quality. I found some wireless camera on eBay but the quality is not really good (I think so). There is just a new Raspberry PI camera on the market (http://www.raspberrypi.org/product/camera-module/)

I am collecting information on how to using this camera. I know that I have to use a Raspberry PI model B to connect to this camera but it only provides the features to monitor camera directly. Now I wonder how hard it is to make a IP camera with this Raspberry Pi with camera. I am not an expert in linux as well as C program but I am wiling to learn. Anyone can give me some idea what and where I need to look for. Or another camera option?

Thanks!

NI software doesn't run on Raspberry Pi but it's fairly easy to set up an IP camera with the motion service.

Shaun, 

I know NI will not run on Raspberry Pi, I am thinking about Ethernet communication. The link your provided does not work. Could you please edit it?

Thank you for your help.

NI software doesn't run on Raspberry Pi but it's fairly easy to set up an IP camera with the motion service.

Edited by Thang Nguyen

Shaun, 

I know NI will not run on Raspberry Pi, I am thinking about Ethernet communication. The link your provided does not work. Could you please edit it?

Thank you for your help.

Can't edit it (not sure what happened) but will try again

Raspberry Pi IP Camera

It's really a question for Raspberry Pi forums though.

Edited by ShaunR