Modubus TCP/IP (industrial Protocol)

We are in the process of writing a dedicated labview connection driver to interface to a Acromag 966en 6006 temperature logger that utilizes the ethernet modubus standard. we are trying to advoid using third party opc servers as a intermediate stepping stone to this application as they are expensive and we need to limit costs. We have received some guidance from the Info LABVIEW group with some partial libaries. :P However these libraries they connect to the device, but the data returned dosent make sense. :wacko: we are getting 65535 for all values in the registers instead of a temperature reading say like 229 which is 22.9.

Has any one had exposure to Ethernet Modubus ( PLC programming) with labview and shed some light on the matter. If you have written a connection driver suitable for use with LABVIEW 7.0 i'd like to here from you!

We are in the process of writing a dedicated labview connection driver to interface to a Acromag 966en 6006 temperature logger that utilizes the ethernet  modubus standard. we are trying to advoid using third party opc servers  as a intermediate stepping stone to this application as they are expensive and we need to limit costs. We have received some guidance from the Info LABVIEW group with some partial libaries. :P However these libraries they  connect to the device, but the data  returned  dosent make sense.  :wacko: we are getting 65535 for all values in the registers instead of a temperature reading say like 229 which is 22.9.

Has any one had exposure to Ethernet  Modubus ( PLC programming) with labview and shed some light on the matter. If you have written a connection driver suitable for use with LABVIEW 7.0 i'd like to here from you!

3891[/snapback]

are you applying ieee754 math conversions?

Here's a link with web-based calculators for this math.....

http://babbage.cs.qc.edu/courses/cs341/IEE...references.html

also, check to see if you're using I32 indicators instead of I16....

Regis

• 4 weeks later...