LabVIEW 2014 Project Close not unloading project

I just started using LabVIEW 2014 and one thing hit right away as a major problem.

In 2013 and prior when I close the project explorer it closes and unloaded all VIs associated with that project, but 2014 does not that do that. In 2014 all the VIs stay open and I have to close them all before I can get back to the Getting Started window, but that doesn't mean that anything left memory. This becomes an issue if some top level VI is running with a hidden FP, I can close everything I see, but can never get to the Getting Started window since a VI is running forcing me to kill LabVIEW.

I'm hoping I'm missing some option somewhere that would close all Project VIs when the Project closes, otherwise I might be sticking with 2013.

I just started using LabVIEW 2014 and one thing hit right away as a major problem.

In 2013 and prior when I close the project explorer it closes and unloaded all VIs associated with that project, but 2014 does not that do that. In 2014 all the VIs stay open and I have to close them all before I can get back to the Getting Started window, but that doesn't mean that anything left memory. This becomes an issue if some top level VI is running with a hidden FP, I can close everything I see, but can never get to the Getting Started window since a VI is running forcing me to kill LabVIEW.

I'm hoping I'm missing some option somewhere that would close all Project VIs when the Project closes, otherwise I might be sticking with 2013.

I just created a new empty project. Created some some untitled VIs then closed the project (button top right corner) and it seemed fine. It asked me to save the VIs and then closed all the open VI FPs and diagrams in the project.

Are you seeing this behaviour on an existing project that was converted to 2014?

Yes these were projects created in 2013.

So it seems to just be something on work PC. I tried it at home and it behaves as it always has. Hmm... :unsure:  I did start from a clean slate at work, so didn't migrate the labview.ini.

Update:

Okay, so the problem seems to be isolated to 2 specific projects. I've semi rebuilt one of the projects and it works, so it looks like I have a corrupted project.

As a side note: anyone know an easy way to rebuild/copy a project instead of rebuilding by hand (Save As didn't work)?

Update2:

The issue is strictly related to have a Target-Host or Host-Target FPGA FIFO that uses Fixed-Point for the data type. I think this is related to an error I had during installation of the FPGA Module and the Fixed-Point determination. Repairing the installation did not help.

Edited by Ryan Podsim