CLD Exam

Hi all,

I am going to take my CLD exam on 06/09 .  1st, here are my sample exams solutions.

They all seem to work very well , but not the ATM.

About the traffic light I have done it with 2 types of timers one with a timer I made by using get date /time in Seconds and the other one with the elapsed time express VIs. They are identicall, I just replaced the get date time timer with the elapsed time express Vi.

The 1st one works perfectly.  The 2nd one works until it comesback to initialise after the 1st round then it fails to reset although I am explicitly setting it to rest in the initialisation state.

This one reason I don't trust the  elapsed time express VI.  I'd rather spend time making my own timer than be dodged by the peculiarity of the  elapsed time express VI.

Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong when using the the  elapsed time express VI. 

Many thanks to all of you who help.

Hi all,

I am going to take my CLD exam on 06/09 .  1st, here are my sample exams solutions.

About the traffic light I have done it with 2 types of timers one with a timer I made by using get date /time in Seconds and the other one with the elapsed time express VIs. They are identicall, I just replaced the get date time timer with the elapsed time express Vi.

The 1st one works perfectly.  The 2nd one works until it comesback to initialise after the 1st round then it fails to reset although I am explicitly setting it to rest in the initialisation state.

This one reason I don't trust the  elapsed time express VI.  I'd rather spend time making my own timer than be dodged by the peculiarity of the  elapsed time express VI.

Can anyone explain to me what I am doing wrong when using the the  elapsed time express VI. 

Those who don't ask questions don't learn.  Those who learn will always ask questions.

CLD Preparation 092014.zip

Hi SiBenApril04

I've only glanced at your code so I don't have any advice yet.

I did notice you had trouble with the ATM Example.

Our Chicago User Group is focusing on the ATM problem this year and setting aside time each meeting to have users show their solutions.

How the solution is implemented is totally up to the presenter and not bound by any CLD or other requirements.

Our focus is to show many example solutions to the same problems coded by users of different experience levels.

You might find it useful to look at all the different solutions we came up with and pick the techniques that best fit your style.

The solutions can be found on our community page  

We are meeting this week and on the 25th of October so other solutions will be added in the next few days and weeks.

Mark

Hi all,

Those who don't ask questions don't learn.  Those who learn will always ask questions.

The difference in the timers is the Express vi timer is re-entrant and your timer is not.

Because the express vi is re-entrant every instance creates a separate elapse timer.

With all of them set to auto reset each state is tracking its own separate end time.

To get this to work you would need to delete all the timers and bring a single elapse timer outside the case structure and have it's outputs feed each case.

Your timer is a non-re-entrant functional global so all of the cases are using the same stored start and end time.

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Mark Balla.

Many thanks for your clarification,  That is why every time you copy and paste the Elapsed Time Express VI it has a different name with incremental numbers.  Now I understand why it doesn't reset after the 1st round.  What is reset is a clone of the VI, not the same VI.

Now I can start to consider using the Elapsed Time Express VI again as it saves time making a timer of my own.

Did you have a chance to look at my solution for the CLD exam samples ?

If so , can you give me some feedback please.

Many thanks

SiBenApril04