How to Calculate HEX time string to Normal Time string (SYSTEM)

pravin

More information is needed.  What is the units of the HEX time stamp?  Is it seconds?  Milliseconds? Minutes? Hours? Days?  And what is the date of your time?  Are you saying that the hex value starts 0 at midnight?  and by just after noon you have over 254 million units of time?

A pretty quick and dirty way of making this work is to find the difference between the hex input, and the known input you have there, then add or subtract that amount of time from the known time stamp you have there.

The HEX time is in milliseconds and the day of my time was 4 sept 2014.

This is actually a responce from a controller and if i subtract two values i get difference in milliseconds.

Milliseconds relative to what?

• Relative to the time when the controller started running?
  • Relative to midnight of 1 January 1970?
  • Something else?

0x0F2E3B2D is 254688045 in decimal. 254688045 milliseconds is about 8.8 hours.

Had your controller been running for 8.8 hours when you captured that timestamp?

The HEX time is in milliseconds and the day of my time was 4 sept 2014.

This is actually a responce from a controller and if i subtract two values i get difference in milliseconds.

Hope it will be usefull

regards

Pravin

Your Hex time is a so called timer tick time. Its counter starts at boot up of the system (or any other time your embedded system likes) and simply counts through, wrapping around after 0xFFFFFFFF (or 2^32 = ~4 billion) ms = ~ 4 million seconds = ~50 days. As such there is absolutely no good way to convert this into an absolute timestamp since its reference time (the 0 point) will be defined new every 50 days or so, or whenever you startup/reset your system.

Your value indicates that your system was probably up and running for around 254688 seconds = ~3 days since last booted/reset.

0x0F2E3B2D is 254688045 in decimal. 254688045 milliseconds is about 8.8 hours.

A day has 86400 seconds, so 254688 seconds certainly is more than 8.8 hours.

I see! You let your embedded devices have a normal 8 hour working day and interpret the number of working days as hours!  :lol:

So that they don't burn out from overwork, and so that I can pay less wages ;)

P.S. For humans, I endorse the former, not the latter