play and analyse sound over soundblaster

zelg

hi there.

im new in LabVIEW- world. an i try to send soundinfo (sine, or cos or a sound from a wav) direct from LabVIEW to the soundblaster in my PC (Windows!). I like the record with a micro (connected to the soundblaster) the soundwaves an measure the difference in LabVIEW.

So, I like to send sound from LabVIEW and I would analyse there.

Any Ideas?

Witch plugin do I need?

How do I connect du my line-in?

thx,

markus

If I recall correctly, the examples found by searching the NI Example Finder (under the Help menu) for "sound" were quite useful.

The sound vi's are here:

yes, thanks todd.

now i try to send a sine to the soudblaster. how do i do it, so that i can analyse them in Labview over an Micro at the soundblaster?

soon,

stefan

thanks todd,

do you know how i can play a sound AND (in the same time) record the played sound over a microphone?

i like to have a synchonisation to calculate the transmission (or the absorbtion of a lot of frequency) in the spectrum.

between the speaker and the microphne is a polymer structre. this soft material with lots of gaps for air let not all frequences pass. so, i will know wich one will be absorbed.

any idea?

thanks,

stefan

Ah, full duplex sound. I knew you'd soon reach the limits of my knowledge.

A metacrawler search for "soundcard full duplex" turned up this page with this quote:

Most PC soundcards in recent years have been full-duplex. However, if you have an original (8-bit) Soundblaster, Soundblaster-16, Soundblaster Pro, or other older card, they are 'half duplex' cards and you will have to upgrade. A full-duplex sound card is available in most computer stores for well under $100.

However, on my work PC I was able to see the following image. I couldn't find a mic quickly so the signal may be crosstalk.

post-107-1108747182.gif?width=400

hi todd,

thanks for your infos. i still try to get work my onboard sound-card. the computer is in fact rellly old (pentium III). so, maybe i have to recognise to buy one of this soundcards from creative. there very cheap models.

thanks for your image. do you found the *.vi in the example libary of LabView? may you send me the *.vi or post hier in the forum?

soon,

stefan

hi todd,

thanks for your zip-file. i do really use labvie 7.0. so the arrangement in the vi may work fine. "may" means, i still havent a duplex-soundcard. the ordered one will come in the next view days :-)

the vi shows me two "U8" streams to the in- and output chart. do you think this streams are in phase, are in the same time? I like to compare the output with the recorded input. thats why i have to be sure and carful about the synchronisation.

what was the idea to snake the error-messages throw all the sound-moduls? is it becouse of the error output?

tanks an soon,

stefan

do you think this streams are in phase, are in the same time? I like to compare the output with the recorded input.

3982[/snapback]

Since the input and output rates are both set to 8kS/s, I would assume they are synchronous. Some tests should show if the card has more than one sample clock and if they are coherent.
what was the idea to snake the error-messages throw all the sound-moduls? is it becouse of the error output?
This vi was built in haste. The first time I tried it, the output finished before the input started acquiring. The snake was to start the input acq before the output started. Notice the difference in X-axes (and Y-axes, for that matter).