[CR] SET Localization Toolkit

Some important things to note:

- The source posted is actually for LabVIEW 2013.

- Version 0.3 is an alpha release. Expect to encounter bugs.

- Make sure that you add "UseUnicode=True" to the LabVIEW.ini file and restart LabVIEW before running the program..

- To start the program, run the "Launcher.vi" located in the "SET Language Editor" folder.

Strings supported as of version 0.3.1:

Front Panel

- Custom Title

Front Panel Decoration Text
- All

Block Diagram String Constants (Not located within a structure)
- Extracted if Label Visible
- Labeled String Constants within Labeled Clusters will be extracted.
- Block Diagram Array Strings currently not supported. 

All front pane Controls
- Visible Captions
- Tip Strips

Boolean Controls
- Visible Boolean Text

Ring Controls
- Item Strings

String Controls
- Default Value

Run-Time Menus
- Item Name if Item Tag doesn't start with APP
Edited by Porter
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for making this toolkit free for us all to look at.  I was looking into making a similar (but much less sophisticated) toolkit.

A possible update:  The Add Language popup will only let you select from Languages already populated by the developer, ie you cannot "add" a language by typing the language while using the toolkit.  It looks like I would need to edit the Language Selector.ctl to add more languages, then reopen the toolkit in LabVIEW to add the language to my project.

• Like 1

I will look into adding this feature. The reason why I made a static language list was because I link the language to its associated code page. I suppose that it would make more sense to store this information in a config file that the user can modify.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I click new project, but the window suddenly disappeared.I try to find out what cause it, and finally I find in the vi "Get All VIs from Project" will bring out error code "43" and "1026".I can clear these errors and it works well.But I don't know the root reason.If guys have the problem same with me, you can try it.

屏幕截图 2021-10-25 105113.png

5 hours ago, qiuhonglin said:

I click new project, but the window suddenly disappeared.I try to find out what cause it, and finally I find in the vi "Get All VIs from Project" will bring out error code "43" and "1026".I can clear these errors and it works well.But I don't know the root reason.If guys have the problem same with me, you can try it.

屏幕截图 2021-10-25 105113.png

Addition to this, I find this work abnormal on Chinease chanslation. After try, don't open my target *.lvproj first, but open the set tool window first, it works well. I didn't try open the target *.lvproj when I want to use this tool afterwards.