does compiling on Linux have a different probability of compiling FPGAs?

doradorachan

Hey guys,

I am currently having some issues with a FPGA program with Softmotion not compiling.

We are running out of options in terms of how to get this FPGA program compiled.

So my question is does compiling on Linux have a different probability of compiling FPGAs?

I have heard that Xilinx Compiler is meant for Linux so it runs more efficiently and faster,

so I was just wondering if the compile method was different as well

I'm not aware of specific examples of code compiling on one than the other. It depends on what causes the failure, it's possible on the same compiler to compile sometimes and not others depending on some of optimisations that are randomly chosen!

That said if you have an active service contract NI is now giving free access to their cloud compile service which I think runs on the linux servers so it is easy to try with this and see if it is any more successful, however most likely you need to look at the reports that come out and identify whether size is the issue, or timing (which are the two main culprits).