[CR] Circular Buffer

I suspect it's array based, but who's to say? I'd toss that under the "all other implementation details are equal" part. While considering a queue I was focusing only on push/pop scalar operations at the ends of the buffer otherwise there are pretty big differences between the implementations.

• 4 years later...

So for the most part I believe these could be replaced with VIMs.  I think the only feature that is used that a VIM wouldn't support is that the icons change color based on the data type being used, but I'm not sure anyone would really miss it.  This also supports writing a scalar or array of data but a well constructed VIM can do that too.

Also I believe there was a bug in early versions of LabVIEW that supported VIMs, which wouldn't allow for an inlined VI that had the New DVR primitive, but I just tested in 2020 and it worked fine.

Not sure I understand.  The data type is just an array in a cluster; it's not actually protected in any way.  It makes a copy if you want an ordered array, but not if you want to just access the circular buffer itself.  That you can do by "unbundle".