image editor

Hello

I got a image editor VI that performs various color assignments (RGB) to the single image on different combinations.

I want to modify it in such a way that I can  select a certain portion(ROI) and

assign a combination(eg;RG) on that part and select another ROI and assign diffrent combination (RB) etc...

Output image should contain an image with different combinations on selected parts.

Is it possible???

Jpeg Color Editor.vi

You are going to want to learn how to use the event structure.  

Your code continually regenerates the images with no wait in the while loop.  This will consume tons of CPU resources for no reason if the user isn't interacting with the controls.  Using an event structure will also have better response time for large images.  I loaded a large image and tried to exist and I had to wait several seconds for the final conversion to complete.  Using an event structure it will be immediate if nothing else is being done at that time.

Is there a reason all subVIs and primitives have their labels shown?  

Is there also a reason all labels are bold?  

The value of Off Channels also doesn't change within the loop, so there is no need to continually read its value and become a FF or a 0.  

The error data type can have boolean operations like Not operated without having to pull out the Status.

As for your questions, (sorry it took so long to get to that).  The IMAQ image code has many more tools for doing ROI on sections.  The IMAQ tools for ROI are free to download, but to do any manipulation with that image using the ROI you'll need the vision toolkit which isn't free.  I added a quick Image Subset to your program but I doubt it is fully what you want.  You may be able to get away with using multiple image subset and stitching them together.

Attached is my updated version using the changes I mentioned.

Jpeg Color Editor Hooovahh Edit.vi

• Like 1

Thank you Mr. hoovahh for your effort in help. while programming I will keep in mind your suggestions 

I need one more help. Apart from this VI in my application I want to call and display image from a folder in a timely manner, such as

Images should be changed (refreshed) one by one in a timely manner,say an interval of 10 sec.I saw your VI in the forum for calling  images from folder but how can it be altered in a timely manner.

• 2 weeks later...