In need of a good 1080p CCD

I would like to try and upgrade my current CCD (pretty close to 640x480)  to a higher res model (1080p).  Here are my two requirements:

• It has to work LabVIEW/Vision software (could interface through GIG-E/IP or whatever)
  • It has to fit inside of a tube about this size: (marker for scale)  http://i.imgur.com/9i8nPRE.jpg

The housing tube can be increased in size up to about a 1.25" diameter the tube runs back 2' until it opens up into an open space where we have a gigabit switch.  The camera could just have a telescoping lens or be small enough to fit in a tube that size with the cables running out the back of the tube.

I have been searching Hobby sites and small electronic sites/stores but nothing has caught my eye yet.  I am hoping someone here may be using some CCD (maybe for security reasons?) that does pretty close to what I need.

Thanks for any help!

• 1 year later...

The Axis P1214 or F44 series might work for you. They are (relatively) affordable. Small camera size is achieved by devolving most of the camera electronics into a downstream box. The cable is pretty long so should work for your application. Some of the models use a microvideo lenses. They have an 1080p variant.

Unfortunately these cameras are intended for network streaming so the lossy video compression onboard is unavoidable. They can be programmatically used to capture uncompressed still images though at a much slower rate, if that is of use.

In terms of industrial high-end cameras the smallest I can think of are the Basler Ace or Point Grey Blackfly which I think come in at around 5MP, resolution. These are more expensive ($2k range) and are roughly 30mm cube in size (you will need a slightly wider tube for a c-mount lens though). I think both brands are available in GigE, USB3 or CameraLink formats.