Changing default installation build directory

Normally, my project installers all default to the c:\program files (x86) directory since I have the 32 bit version of LabVIEW.  I have a customer that would like their installer to install to c:\program files.  I have tried to add a c:\program files absolute path to the list of destination directories and have also marked it as the default directory.  No matter the installer still uses the original (x86) default directory.  Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Wait, are you trying to install a 32 bit application, in a 64 bit environment...and put the 32 bit application in the directory designed for holding 64 bit applications?

If so I suggest informing your customer the purpose of these directories.  I'd suspect this is partially Window doing strangeness.  Just like when you write to the registry from a 32 bit program.  Windows will put it in a separate place in the registry, and it is transparent to the application.  Reading and writing looks like it is going to the normal places, but instead Windows makes a separate place for 32 bit applications to do their own stuff.

If you mean you are in a 32 bit windows, and installing a 32 bit program puts it in the (x86) folder, which normally shouldn't be there, then yeah that's an issue.  I've never seen this issue before.

Yes you are correct.  A 32 bit windows app should be placed in the c:\program file (x86).  It appears that the LabVIEW installer build will let you specify an arbitrary absolute installation path but if you name it c:\program files it will silently install in the x86 directory.  This is one of those cases where the customer is not always right and I will attempt to explain again that their request to put a 32 bit application in the 64 bit directory does not make sense, is misleading and in fact maybe impossible to do in a standard LabVIEW installation build.

in fact maybe impossible to do in a standard LabVIEW installation build.

I suspect it is.  Of course you can make your own installer using something like Inno Setup. But even then you may have difficulty because I suspect Windows does this on purpose.  Just tell the customer Mr. Gates doesn't want you to.  Do they have a reason for wanting this application in that directory?