Conditional indexing in for loops causing build problems? (LabVIEW 2013SP1)

Last month I ran into a problem building an application with LabVIEW claiming a certain VI was "broken."

The VI wasn't broken, but in one of its subVIs there was a FOR loop with a conditional indexing tunnel. When I replaced this with the old-style of conditional indexing (shift register, case register, build array) the program was able to build.

Today I ran into the same problem, where adding a conditional indexing tunnel caused a build to fail with the same error.

I remember running into LabVIEW crash problems when conditional indexing was first introduced, but I was told it would be fixed for 2013. Is this not the case? Does anyone know if a "real" or "complete" fix has gone in for 2014?

Last month I ran into a problem building an application with LabVIEW claiming a certain VI was "broken."

The VI wasn't broken, but in one of its subVIs there was a FOR loop with a conditional indexing tunnel. When I replaced this with the old-style of conditional indexing (shift register, case register, build array) the program was able to build.

Today I ran into the same problem, where adding a conditional indexing tunnel caused a build to fail with the same error.

I remember running into LabVIEW crash problems when conditional indexing was first introduced, but I was told it would be fixed for 2013. Is this not the case? Does anyone know if a "real" or "complete" fix has gone in for 2014?

Step 1: clear your compiled object cache. Same result? Or do you get a "VI Failed to Compile" error after this action?

An issue was reported in 2012 for conditional-autoindexed composite types (e.g., LVClasses) in parallel For Loops. Although not mentioned in your original post, is this a Parallel For Loop or not? And is the datatype primitive (integer/bool/string) or composite (LVClass/typedef)?

It's not parallel loop.

The indexing type is a cluster typedef.

If I have time I'll revert back to the conditional indexing tunnel and see if clearing the object cache helps. But I'd already swapped back to the old style "shift register/case structure" combo and that's a good enough workaround for now.