Udp between RIO and Windows Host

I have a UDP connection setup on a Windows 7 machine that runs an IMAQ code. The machine can send and receive udp connection so long as data being sent it is on the same machine. When I send the code from a different process (running on Windows 7), I am able to read the data on the RIO udp receiver VI (running on the Windows Host) as well.

So I changed the sending program to a labview code and the udp receiver won't pick up the data.

Could there be something I am missing?

Attached are the PNG files (lava1 is the talker (same as the Kinect Code VI) while lava2 is the receiver).

Any clues would be appreciated.

post-53076-0-90059100-1422636282_thumb.p

post-53076-0-08518600-1422636482_thumb.p

Kinect Code.vi

Edited by Calorified

I have a UDP connection setup on a Windows 7 machine that runs an IMAQ code. The machine can send and receive udp connection so long as data being sent it is on the same machine. When I send the code from a different process (running on Windows 7), I am able to read the data on the RIO udp receiver VI (running on the Windows Host) as well.

So I changed the sending program to a labview code and the udp receiver won't pick up the data.

Could there be something I am missing?

Attached are the PNG files (lava1 is the talker while lava2 is the receiver).

Any clues would be appreciated.

Check your Windows firewall. Turn it off completely and see if this fixes it, if it does then you perhaps need to add the LabVIEW.exe process to the whitelist for UDP.

If this does not work, check the firewall again. Seriously I have lost hours debugging these kinds of issues only to find out it is usually Windows protecting me from myself.

Hi Neil,

Have you ever had to stream data to some fpga vi via udp? I am having issues reading a streamed data to RIO on an fpga(pid) express vi. I used a local variable and tried a global variable as well to move the data over to the fpga vi while loop. In the while loop of the udp connection, I can read the data but not in the while loop of the fpga vi. The code itself is running on the RIO and the fact that the probe reads data in the scan engine loop tells me the integrity of the data I am streaming is not the issue. The png file is here

Looking forward to your reply.

post-53076-0-79687800-1422830938_thumb.p