JKI VIPM Package Not Compatible Error

I tried to install one of my packages using VI Package Manager 2013 and was surprised to see the error message "This package is not compatible with any LabVIEW version on this computer."

The package is supposed to be compatible with any LabVIEW version >= 8.6 and I have 2013 installed. After some Googling, I found this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9A84C532AB9268BD86257CEF00794E70

It turns out that I had compiled the package using VIPM 2014 and thus it is not compatible with VIPM 2013. I suppose that this makes sense but the error message shown in VI package manager is very misleading.

So in conclusion... Keep VIPM up to date otherwise you might get misleading error messages when trying to install new packages.

• Like 1

Yeah this problem has been posted on these forums, and the JKI ones.  I believe you get a more informative error screen if you try to just install one package, by going to the File >> Open Package File(s).

2014 adds some new features that weren't supported in 2013 so JKI pulled an NI and just don't support opening 2014 packages, in 2013 VIPM.

• Like 1

I figured that it was worth posting about the it here with "Package Not Compatible" in the subject just in case someone encounters the problem when trying to install a package from the code repository. A quick search of the error message on the LAVA forms should bring them here.