Stop execution of VI

Hi All,

I have a VI which opens up a front panel of another VI depending upon the selection. but the problem I'm facing is as soon I execute the VI it starts executing the selected VI and I don't want that to be happen so i'm wondering is there is any way so that I can stop execution of that VI unless I press the run button.

Thanks,

Ravi

Hi All,

I have a VI which  opens up a front panel of another  VI depending upon the selection. but the problem I'm facing is as soon I execute the VI it starts executing the selected VI and I don't want that to be happen so i'm wondering is there is any way so that I can stop execution of that VI unless I press the run button.

Thanks,

Ravi

4102[/snapback]

Ravi,

If I understand your problem correctly, you have a subvi that executes when you execute the main vi this subvi is in. To prevent his from happening you need to right click on the subvi and select "Subvi Node Setup". Make sure that none of the options are selected. (see attached image).

I hope this helps,

Mike

post-283-1109872714.png?width=400

Hi Ravi:

Perhaps application control menu>Invoke Method>Open FP will do what you want.

post-1144-1109907891.png?width=400

It isn't really possible to "call" a sub-vi without executing the code, but this will open a vi's front panel from another vi, without actually calling the vi whose panel you open.

Hope this helps. 

Best Regards, Louis

4108[/snapback]

Hey Thanks Louis it works

Ravi