How can I share labview vi with android devices

Your picture shows a LabVIEW editor on the mobile phone; that's not possible right now.

This is true but I have seen developers remote into a PC from a phone and then write code from their phone.  Of course that would drive me more crazy than having to use a touch pad for programming but I've seen it done.

This is true but I have seen developers remote into a PC from a phone and then write code from their phone.  Of course that would drive me more crazy than having to use a touch pad for programming but I've seen it done.

Who are these masochists?? I would literally go insane. Do they go a step further and use 3G data to do all this? I have a galaxy note 3 with a pen and I would never attempt such a thing.

It was a very painful thing to watch.  We were actually at a movie theater waiting for the show to start and he pulls out his phone and starts coding.  The slowest coding you've ever seen.

In theory, LabVIEW should be pretty good. I know of a couple of web CMSs that you can create web pages by dragging and dropping and people use their mobiles to update their websites. Typing is horrendous, but LV being D&D you would just need a quick way to bring up a condensed palette (no right-click) and rely on the auto-tool (may need some tweaking). I think you could probably come up with a "quick-bar" for the IDE that would make it fairly painless. Of course. If you rely on quick-drop, you'd be stuffed :P

It was a very painful thing to watch.  We were actually at a movie theater waiting for the show to start and he pulls out his phone and starts coding.  The slowest coding you've ever seen.

I... can't decide if I'm impressed or not!

I have a galaxy note 3 with a pen and I would never attempt such a thing.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and I find it a good fit for LabVIEW programming :) I've done it many times on the bus/train on the way to work.

I can install LabVIEW (to open files locally), I have a keyboard (for typing, keyboard shortcuts, and Quick Drop), I have a stylus (for drag+drop, wiring, opening menus, etc.).

The stylus is as fast as a mouse. Pen-tap = Left-click, Pen-button+Pen-tap = Right-click. It has an active digitizer, so hovering the pen across the screen moves the cursor (like moving the mouse). In contrast, dragging the pen tip across the screen is like dragging the mouse.

The one thing it doesn't fully replace is the mouse wheel, but I have Ctrl+Shift+Drag for scrolling the FP/BD. I've always found mouse-wheel too slow for scrolling FP arrays so I don't use it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

It seems that what you want to do is solved using Wezarp!

Have a look on our website www.wezarp.com

Insert the Wezarp Server VI into your diagram.

Install Wezarp for Android on your mobile device (Windows and iOS is also available).

Set the IP address...that's all

Best regards

Jeff