Get all installed LabVIEW Versions

I'm working on an automated builder. I'd like to be able to know all of the installed versions of labview on the system. I can use the "Get Installed Software" VI in nisysconfg.lvlib, but that gives me names and ID and stuff, and what I really need is executable paths and VI Server ports.

Anyone have ideas? What good is this ID GUID-looking value?

If you're working in Windows XP, you might want to try the registry (Source: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DEDEC3074C17323086256A29005BC543):

...go to Start»Run and type regedit. In the file tree, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE»Software»National Instruments»LabVIEW. Then select the appropriate version of LabVIEW. Two registry keys in the right column called Type and Version display your version of LabVIEW under the Datacolumn. Type will either be Base, Full, or Pro.

For Windows 7, I just had a look and couldn't find the information at the same keys?

Edit: Wow, only two hours on the phone with a customer while in the middle of typing, and the answer's posted...

Edited by joerghampel

For Windows 7, I just had a look and couldn't find the information at the same keys?

For future reference: Don't use the 64 bit version of the registry editor if you want to see entries for 32 bit applications (I tripped over the same thing some time ago with the ODBC Manager).

• 64 bit: C:\Windows\system32\regedit32.exe
  • 32 bit: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regedit32.exe

Really, Microsoft?

post-28125-0-69844200-1427287734_thumb.p

• 3 years later...

Or you can use the 64-bit version of regedit but be aware that the 32-bit application's keys are not the ones you see immediately under HKLM\Software but instead are beneath HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node, e.g. HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\National Instruments\LabVIEW\… . When running a 32-bit application Windows looks under there when you access HKLM\Software\<anything>.

I guess it is done like this in case you have both a 64-bit version and a 32-bit version of the same software that are different versions. Some of the other registry hives have the same structure. Just one reason why the Windows registry is so enormous:o!