Use two mouse in labview

Hi,

I want to monitor my robot path by use of two mouse,in vertical and horizontal movements. 

Is there a way to use two mouse in labview and use their information? I know some applications that you use some mice in one computer (Like glovepie) but i dont know how can i use them in labview.   

Okay for this to work the first thing you'll need to do is convince Windows that there is two mice.  By default if you plug in two mice into Windows, they both will control the same cursor.  I'm guessing to do what you want you'll need two cursors (but I'm not sure).

If you look at the Initialize Mouse on the pallet you'll see that there is a constant on the block diagram which is the "DeviceIndex" and is set to 0.  I'm guessing you can make a copy of that VI, where that constant is a control input, and you can choose which mouse to initialize.  But as I mentioned before I suspect that this will only work once Windows has two cursors but you might get lucky and it might not need that.

I don't think this will work.

I think Windows automatically sets all mice connected to control the same cursor.  I am unaware of a way (Aside from programming USB directly) to get the information from eachindividually into LabVIEW.  But hey, maybe (in fact, almost certainly) someone knows more than me.

I came across this in my Google search last week but haven't investigated it any further.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/teamplayer-use-multiple-keyboard-and-mice-on-one-system/

https://dicolab.com/products/teamplayer/

Multi-user collaboration tool

Software that enables multiple users working in the same digital environment. All participants can synchronously interact and control applications and content running there.

With TeamPlayer3 multiple users will be synchronously present on screen, each as an unique cursor.

Even use your personal device to join in a session!

How can I use it?

Use any application or any content you are accustomed to with multiple users together. All participants are now able to interact and you can collaborate in any task at hand.

Use mice, keyboards, touch screens, tablets, iPads or smartphones as your control device. Whether locally present or remote connecting from any location.

Unique multi-user software for people-centered collaboration. Extend a desktop to a multi-user session.

Hi,

I want to monitor my robot path by use of two mouse,in vertical and horizontal movements

Is there a way to use two mouse in labview and use their information? I know some applications that you use some mice in one computer (Like glovepie) but i dont know how can i use them in labview.   

Sounds like a perfect use for a joystick.

LabVIEW supports a joystick.

• Like 1